THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL KITCHEN, AND HOW TO CLEAN IT WITH DIY ECO-FRIENDLY PRODUCTS.
If left unclean for same period of time, kitchen sink harvests more bacteria than toilet seat…. Shocking!
We use lots of cleaners in our kitchen to assure safe and healthy food, yet this action could be source of unhealthy risks to the environment and your family. Eco friendly kitchen cleaners could save your family from unnecessary health risks while creating an eco friendly planet.
How to make your own Sink cleaner.
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
- 1 small bowl
- Squeeze the lemon in your bowl then add white vinegar.
- Let sit for at least 30min, then rince with water.
How to make your own Drain cleaner.
- 4 liters boiling water
- 1/2 Cup Salt
- 1/4 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
- For a simple cleaning, pour down the drain a mixture of 4L boiling water and 1/2 cup of salt
- For stubborn clog, pour down the drain a mixture of 1/4 cup of baking soda then 1/2 cup of white vinegar, tightly close the drain until fuzzing stop then flush with hot water.
How to make your own Dishwashing detergent.
- 2 Tablespoon Borax
- 2 Tablespoon Baking Soda
Mix 2 tablespoon Borax with 2 tablespoon Baking Soda, you may add vinegar for anti-bacteria.
How to make your own Kitchen Cabinet cleaner.
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar or Lemon
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- Essential Oil
- 1 non-aerosol bottle
- Mix 1/4 cup vinegar and 1 cup warm water.
- Add to this mixture few drops of essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into a non-aerosol bottle, spray and softy wide your kitchen.
- For stubborn dirt, you can replace the vinegar by baking soda mixed with water (scrub to the area softly and wipe with the mixture).
How to make your own Refrigerator and Microwave cleaner.
- Baking soda
- 1 sponge
- Olive Oil
Use a damp sponge to apply baking soda and wipe it, to make their surfaces shinny drop a few olive oil and wipe all the surface (that will make them free of rust).
How to make your own Oven cleaner.
- Baking Soda
- Mix a paste of baking soda and water.
- Polish on inner part.
- Let stand for at least 3h before removing with wet sponge.
How to make your own Grease cleaner.
- Baking Soda or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Dishcloth
- 1 Sponge
- 1 Non-aerosol bottle
- Pour undiluted vinegar into an empty non-aerosol bottle and spray generously to the greased surface.
- Let sit for 5 to 10mins
- Wipe with a dishcloth (or non abrasive scrubber)
- Sprinkle baking soda on a damp sponge and wipe down all greased surfaces.
- Wipe with damp cloth to remove any powder residue.
If all else fails, a surprising grease remover is non other than grease! A natural vegetable oil on a paper towel can remove a really difficult stain. Follow up with one of the methods above for that like-new sparkle.