THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO ALL YOUR SURFACES SUCH AS CARPET, WOOD TIMBER, ETC AND ALSO AIR FRESHENER, AND HOW TO CLEAN IT WITH DIY ECO-FRIENDLY PRODUCTS.
How to make your own Eco Floor Cleaner and Polish.
Most floor surfaces can be easily cleaned using a solution of vinegar and water.
VINYL and LINOLEUM:
- 1 Cup Vinegar
- Baby Oil
- 3L Warm Water
Mix 1 cup vinegar and a few drops of baby oil in 1L warm water. For tough jobs, add 1/4 cup borax. Use sparingly on linoleum.
- 1L Warm Water
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
Mix 1:1 vegetable oil and vinegar in the warm water and rub in well.
- 1 Teaspoon Washing Soda
- 3L Hot Water
Mix 1 teaspoon washing soda into 3L hot water.
BRICK and STONE TILES:
- 1 Cup White Vinegar
- 3L Water
Mix 1 cup white vinegar in 3L water. Rinse with clear water.
Mix equal amounts of white distilled vinegar and water, then add 15 drops of pure peppermint oil, shake to mix.
How to make your own Eco Carpet Cleaner.
- 2 Cups Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Cornmeal
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Borax
- Mix the ingredients into your blender.
- Pulse on low until your mix has an even consistency.
- Pour the mix into a container.
- Sprinkle generously over carpet, and let sit for at least two hours or overnight.
- Vacuum your carpet.
Remove tough stains with the help of this homemade carpet cleaner.
How to make your own Basic Carpet Freshener:
- Baking Soda
- Essential oil
- Add 10 to 20 drops of your favorite essential oil for each cup of baking soda.
- Mix well to distribute the oils and break up any clumps. (Use a jar with a shaker cap to sprinkle evenly over carpet)
- Let sit for 1h and then vacuum.
Be sure to do this on a dry day so the baking soda doesn’t pick up any moisture.
How to make your own Pet Stain Cleaner:
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- Dish Soap
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and water.
- Work the mixture well into the stain using a clean white towel.
- Blot well, and let dry.
- Once the area is dry, sprinkle baking soda generously over the spot.
- Then mix together 1/4 cup peroxide with 1/2 teaspoon liquid soap.
- Pour the soap mixture over the baking soda to dissolve it into the nap of the carpet.
- Work the paste down deep into the fibers.
- Blot again, and let dry.
- Vacuum to remove the residue (you may have to repeat this treatment on persistent stain).
How to make your own Eco Air Freshener:
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- Essential Oil
- Distilled water
- Pour the baking soda into a small dish and add 2 to 3 drops of essential oils
- Mix well with a spoon.
- Pour baking soda into the empty spray bottle and fill it to the top with distilled water
- Shake well to mix the baking soda and water.
You can use this to freshen the air in a room, and of course also use it on carpets, couches, shoes, etc…